Saturday, September 6, 2008

Thank God for Plurk!

I am very shy in RL, and unfortunately I share it with my avatar. It takes me quite some time to make friends, and reach a state where I'm comfortable with chatting and goofing around with them.

Even though, I was rezzed in May, I just browsed blogs and roamed the grid demo shopping. I spent most of the summer in a contemplative state. What did I want out of my life? What part of me do I want to change? In RL, I was in a rut and depressed. The summer was godsend, I concentrated on ME. At the end of it, with all its ups and downs, I felt far more peaceful and focused.


And at the end of the summer, I signed on to Plurk. I had watched the Plurk widgets on blogs and blog posts on Plurk and had decided to jump on the bandwagon. I don't regret it. I have a plurk-ddiction, but I don't need an intervention.

Why not? Because I got to plurk and respond to people who are silly, witty, funny and serious. I can't explain it easily but just chatting with them before meeting their avies, made me far more comfortable to chat with them in their pixelated glory.

I'm very happy to have met some plurk buddies online and I hope to meet many more of them in-world soon.

*Peace*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like watching what all my friends are dealing with throughout the day . . . somebody's chasing a balloon, somebody's getting proposed to . . . it's an interesting mish-mash.

C said...

Plurk has made me closer to several people too.

It seems we're more comfortable responding to plurks than blogs, and more comfortable adding friends in plurk.

It's great though!

Anonymous said...

*hugs Asha*
It was great to meet you through Plurk and I love it for that :)

Asha Brim said...

And I love you guys soooo much :)

@Emerald- Yes, Plurk is quite random.

@CeN- Its nice to get to know people more indepthly.

@Laleeta- I know and me too. :D

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates